Re: [ecasound] unwanted delay laying around

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Aug 18 2006 - 09:57:37 EEST

Hi,

good that you found a solution to the problem in the end (the
TapDelay param)!

Just a few additional comments:

On Sat, 5 Aug 2006, Dubphil wrote:

> ok so if I understand well, i should add -b:512 to ecasound to cancel
> the loop delay because the jack period-size on my setup is 256 ?
> hugh ! This matter of cycle and period is something I'm really not
> familiar...

You cannot unfortunately change the buffer-size (-b:xxx, which also
defines the 'loop' delay) when using JACK. The ecasound buffer size (how
much data is processed in one engine cycle) is tied 1:1 to JACK
period-size, which has similar meaning (how much data is processed by a
JACK client before switching to the next client).

So as a summary, if the buffer-size is causing problems in ecasound, and
you want to use JACK, you'll need to restart jackd with a modified
period-size setting (-p param), to which ecasound will also adapt.

--
  links, my public keys, etc at http://eca.cx/kv