Re: [ecasound] alsa drivers

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jul 31 2006 - 15:58:34 EEST

Hi,

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006, Matthew Becker wrote:

> what does aio-register and friends check to find if alsa drivers are
> present? I have arecord/aplay (alsa-utils) working on my ipaq running
> familiar 0.84 but for some reason aio-register (and ecasound in general)
> doesn't seem to find the alsahw..

you need to have ALSA support enabled at ecasound build time. Otherwise
ecasound will be built without support for ALSA. In practise you have to
have the ALSA libraries (headers + libs) installed when compiling
ecasound. Chech the summary of ecasound's configure script to see which
features where enabled.

--
  links, my public keys, etc at http://eca.cx/kv