Re: [ecasound] flac error END_OF_STREAM

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Apr 22 2006 - 11:28:05 EEST

Hi,

answering to myself this time. :)

On Fri, 21 Apr 2006, Kai Vehmanen wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Apr 2006, Jason White wrote:
>> Do the forward and rewind console-mode commands work with flac files now?
> But, but, it seems flac has been recetly added to libsndfile. So if you have
> libsndfile 1.0.12 or newer, you can do:
>
> ecasound -i sndfile,test.flac -o alsa -c
>
> And rw, setpos, etc will work! I didn't actually know about this, so this is
> a nice surprise for me to. :) There seems to be some issues with output still
> (either buggy code in ecasound, or something still missing from sndfile), but

Ok, found the problem. Sndfile, understandably, doesn't support updating
(read+write) mode of working with flac, but you can work around by
issuing:

ecasound -i alsa -o sndfile,test.flac -x -c

And yay, that works, setpos/rw/fw and all!

Btw Erik, thanks once again for a wonderful library!

I'll probably make ecasound depend on libsndfile-1.0.2 which added the
SFC_GET_FORMAT_INFO command so I can dynamically discover the file formats
supported by the currently installed sndfile. Also, I'll make sndfile the
default flac handler starting from ecasound 2.4.5.

This is great, I'm a big fan of flac myself, so I'm doubly happy about
improved flac support in ecasound. ;)

--
  links, my public keys, etc at http://eca.cx/kv