Re: [ecasound] Error starting lame.

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 25 2006 - 12:58:04 EET

On Wed, 22 Mar 2006, Dave Serls wrote:

>>> ecasound -c -i alsahw,0 -f 16,2,11025 -o /tmp/denny_fri.121883.mp3
> I can't get ecasound to do anything on this particular PC. I have to think it's
> the soundcard, an old ESS1868 ISA card. Even arecord eventually seg-faults.

It's strange the arecord works. Ecasound does a few more features of the
ALSA API, so driver bugs can possible cause problems that do not show with
ecasound. Btw, why do you use 'alsahw,0'? It's generally good to use the
alsa-lib plugin devices instead of direct access, so:

  ecasound -i alsa,default -o foo.wav
  ecasound -i alsa,plughw:0 -o foo.wav

These are equivalent to running arecord without any extra parameters.

--
  links, my public keys, etc at http://eca.cx/kv