Re: [ecasound] python ECA control interface question

From: Eric Dantan Rzewnicki <rzewnickie@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Feb 25 2006 - 02:47:49 EET

On Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 09:57:26AM -0800, David M Good wrote:
> Is there a way to capture the stdout output from
> the eci class? When I set the output to stdout I
> cannot grab it from sys.stdin.
>
> This is my first post, please be nice to the
> NOOB.
>
> DAVE

if e is your eci instance you can do things like

print e.last_string()

to get the output of your eci commands.

The methods available are here:
http://eca.cx/ecasound/Documentation/programmers_guide/html_ecidoc/eci_doc.html#htoc7

You need to know the return type of the command you just sent. These are
noted in [] after the commands in the ecasound-iam man page:
http://eca.cx/ecasound/Documentation/ecasound-iam_manpage.html

--
Eric Dantan Rzewnicki  |  Linux Audio Developer and Sysadmin
Technical Operations Division  |  Radio Free Asia