[ecasound] iam rewind

From: <hardware@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 14 2006 - 18:53:30 EET

Dear Ecasound People,

I have experienced some unexpected behavior in ecasound's interactive
mode.

Typing stop and then start does not resume playing at the same playing at
the same place. It starts playing about 4 seconds later than where it was
stopped.

Also, perhaps for related reasons, typing rewind 0 while it is playing
actually forwards the playback by about 4 seconds.

Also, typing ai-wave-edit causes a segfault after the expected error
        sh: ecawave: command not found
The error is expected. The segfault is not.

Also, ecasound-iam(1) explicitly says, "Note! All input object names are
required to be unique" but does not enforce this. ai-list will list the
same file twice. I can see from /proc/<PID>/fd/ that ecasound has one
file descriptor for each item in the ai-list, even if that means having
two file descriptors for the same file. I can see reasons for doing this,
but it is confusing because it contradicts the documentation.

Version: ecasound v2.4.4 compiled from source in default configuration
OS: Linux 2.6.15 on x86
libc: GNU C Library stable release version 2.3.5

thanks, -kurt