Re: [ecasound] Multitracking question

From: John Rigg <eca@email-addr-hidden-man.co.uk>
Date: Tue Jan 10 2006 - 12:27:56 EET

On Mon, Jan 09, 2006 at 09:30:48PM -0800, Bery Rinaldo wrote:
> John,
>
> You should go back and read the thread on the exact same subject here:
>
> http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.audio.ecasound.general

> I'd be interested to hear how you got pcm_multi working and if I can
> translate that into how I'm using ecasound.

Hi Bery,
Thanks for the reply. It actually took me a couple of months to get
my Delta 1010 cards working with pcm_multi and jackd. I put up a web page
describing how at:

http://www.sound-man.co.uk/linuxaudio/ice1712multi.html

To summarize, you need to remove the linking code that was added to
pcm_multi between alsa-lib-1.0.8 and 1.0.9rc1 (there's a patch on my
web page). You also need to patch JACK for MMAP_COMPLEX support (ditto).
Your .asoundrc needs to take into account the ice1712's assymetrical
input/output channel count (again, there's a sample .asoundrc on the web
page).

BTW I did try to search the list archive before posting, but gmane.org was
unavailable when I looked :)

Regards,
John