Re: [ecasound] flac output target

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Dec 30 2005 - 22:44:29 EET

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005, Avuton Olrich wrote:

> Quite often I get what seems to be an erroneous error:
> (eca-engine) WARNING: An output object has raised an error! Possible causes: Out
> ... of disk space, permission denied, unable to launch external
> applications needed in
> ... procesing, etc.
[...]
> I'm not sure _why_ it's can't launch (flac?) it usually works for the
> first few hours but gives up somewhere after 10 hours (this one lasted
> 13 hours) on a 24 hour record. Any ideas?

Have you compiled ecasound with --enable-largefile './configure' option?

Your problem description sounds like some component is hitting the 2GB
size limit (current file position, or some other variable is stored in a
32bit signed variable (has room for 2^31 values, i.e. if used for counting
bytes, will wrap around at ~2GB).

Ecasound is "large-file safe" when compiled with --enable-largefile. The
problem could also be in the flac tools...

--
  links, my public keys, etc at http://eca.cx/kv