Re: [ecasound] eca-control-interface and ecasound console

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Dec 17 2005 - 12:44:48 EET

Hi,

On Fri, 9 Dec 2005, Pedro Antonio Fructuoso Merino wrote:

> I continue testing... I made a chainsetup file, I load it on an ecasound
> console and on an ECA-CONTROL-INTERFACE. Both worked fine but if a add a
> chain operator on ECA-CONTROL-INTERFACE I contine with a sound break. I don't
> know if it's because they are different, I have a problem in my configuration
> or if it could be a bug in ECA-CONTROL-INTERFACE... Any ideas? I attach the
> chainsetup file, my code and the ecasound console mesages... Thanks all,

ecasound unfortunately does not support adding/removing chain operators on
the fly. Ecasound will allow you to perform the add/remote, but there's
always the possibility of an audible break.

The list of commands that are real-time safe (i.e. do not cause audible
breaks) are listed in ecasound(1) man page, in the 'Real-time commands'
section.

--
  links, my public keys, etc at http://eca.cx/kv