Re: [ecasound] Feature-request

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Nov 26 2005 - 13:44:12 EET

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005, Julien Claassen wrote:

> I don't properly understand about the time-problem. What do you do if a user
> uses the -t option? Couldn't you just do it with a biy of automatic internal
> calculation:
> time_toplay = stop - start_time

But each audio input has potentially different start_time. -t sets the
stop position from the start of the chainsetup (not related to the
position of individiaul audio inputs -> these can be altered independently
with -y, ai-set-position, etc).

So you'd have to have something like -ti:seconds,input-id, which is a
completely new mechanism. Not impossible of course, just a little bit more
work.

> About the jack_multi: Wonderful! But wouldn't you need a kind of count like
> in -klg?

There seems to be demand for this featute -> I'll add this to the
todo-list for 2.4.5.

As for the count-param, yeps, that's a good point, it's needed.

--
  links, my public keys, etc at http://eca.cx/kv