Re: [ecasound] capture from two delta 1010LTs at once

From: Sean Edwards <cybersean3000@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 16 2005 - 21:26:27 EET

This is just a theory, but are the two sound cards
synchronized to the same oscillating timing crystal?
When using multiple sound cards, the crystals that
provide the timing for the oscillator on each card are
within an acceptable range, but not exact. This is
why RME provides "add-on" cards to their Hammerfall
product line; each add-on cards uses the crystal and
oscillator on the main card that connects to the PCI
bus.

There is some documentation regarding a hardware hack
for using multiple sound cards. The idea of the hack
is simple: remove/disable/bypass the crystal on all
sound cards but one, then use some sort of jumper
connection from each card to use the crystal on one
card. Put the term "synchronizing sound cards" into
your favorite search engine to find out more about
this.

As I said before, this is just a theory.

-=cybersean3000=-