Re: [ecasound] can ecasignalview monitor alsahw,1,0,0 ?

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Oct 07 2005 - 10:59:42 EEST

Hi,

On Sun, 2 Oct 2005, Junichi Uekawa wrote:

> ecasignalview (or, ecatools) does not accept alsahw,1,0,0 for
> monitoring, since it does not accept filenames with a comma.

yes, that's nasty problem and should be fixed asap (already in CVS).

I'm still wondering what the correct solution would be. The problem is
that the input can contain commas that are 1) part of the filename,
2) meant to separate params to ecasound device. This is clear weakness
in the current param API. :( Anyways, one obvious approach is to require
escaping either the filename commas (1)

ecasignalview sndfile,.wav,foo\,bar.w01 alsa
ecasignalview sndfile.,wav,"foo,bar.w01" alsa

hmm, maybe this is the right way to go. Having to escape the param
commas doesn't seem nice:

ecasignalview alsa\,hw:1 null

Comments? This is probably something that has to be done at libecasound
level (affects all ECI apps).

--
  links, my public keys, etc at http://eca.cx/kv