Re: [ecasound] problems with cs-set-position

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Sep 24 2005 - 12:47:47 EEST

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005, Pedro Antonio Fructuoso Merino wrote:

>> If you specifically need to loop mp3s, either you need to improve
>> ecasound's mp3 support, or use some dedicated app...
> Only one thing more (or at least by this time :P) what do to improve
> mean? I could see mpg321 can do the loop that i need (with gqmpeg) so i
> think that do it must be "easy"... how many hours can take me?

You need to improve MP3FILE::seek_position() so that after a seek (to
the mp3 frame that contains the sample we want to seek to), it will
read and discard the data before the exact seek sample position.

This is not a huge task - couple of hours/days depending on the developer
in question. ;)

--
  links, my public keys, etc at http://eca.cx/kv