Re: [ecasound] problems with cs-set-position

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Sep 17 2005 - 11:26:18 EEST

Hi,

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005, Pedro Antonio Fructuoso Merino wrote:

> I try it and now works but i need a better change position. I`m making
> somethink like the loop A-B on gqmpeg (http://gqmpeg.sourceforge.net/)in
> where you can set the start and the end point for the loop and when listen it
> sounds without any pause between the two points. I will can do it?

Then you need sample-accurate looping. The way to do this in ecasound is
to use ewf files - see ecasound user's guide for more info. But you cannot
use mp3s as source files, you need to convert the files to wav, aiff, or
some other similar format.

If you specifically need to loop mp3s, either you need to improve
ecasound's mp3 support, or use some dedicated app...

--
  links, my public keys, etc at http://eca.cx/kv