Re: [ecasound] problems with cs-set-position

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Sep 15 2005 - 23:36:59 EEST

Hi,

sorry for the late reply.

On Tue, 6 Sep 2005, Pedro Antonio Fructuoso Merino wrote:

> I have a mp3 file, with 128 kb/s, 44100 Hz, stereo, 15201791 sample-length and
> 344.712 seconds żok?
> With this I have 38.28125 frames per second so i must can do a cs-set-position or
> cs-set-position-samples every second (or less, exactly every 0,026 seconds) but i
> can't do it every 5 seconds (or more) because don't work fine, too. Why??
[...}
> Thinking what is the best way to make you understand what is my problem, I made a
> little program, which source code is behind this. Please, try it.

Thanks for the test program! It seems there really is a bug - there was
code to avoid unnecessary forks (do not fork mpg123 if the existing mpg123
instance is already in the correct position), but this didn't quite work
right. If you seeked to the same position twice, the second and subsequent
seeks were ignored (although position was actually changed since last
seek). I put a fix to CVS, plus this snapshot:

http://ecasound.seul.org/download/snapshots/ecasound-2.4.4-cvs-20050915.tar.gz

Let me know if this works for you.

--
  links, my public keys, etc at http://eca.cx/kv