[ecasound] list reply policy (was: Re: The result of my work)

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Sep 02 2005 - 00:35:27 EEST

On Thu, 1 Sep 2005, Dubphil wrote:

> I don't know if I must reply to the list only or reply to you and put the
> list on cc...

That's a good question. It seems that on many lists hosted at
sourceforge.net, the common way is use reply-to-all (ie. reply both
directly and cc the list). People do this because of the sometimes very
slow mail delivery of sourceforge.net. Especially when trying to have a
real discussion, it's much faster to mail directly (but still cc the list
to maintain the thread in the archives).

But, but, it's a balance between receiving duplicates and possibility for
shorter round-trip times for discussion. For example this mail is
sufficiently low-priority, so I'll just send this to the list.

If someone is very annoyed by these duplicates, please let me know.
Otherwise, feel free to use the reply-to-all approach when you see
appropriate. But please keep the list in the loop, unless you specifically
want to send a private message (when sending large attachments, etc).

--
  links, my public keys, etc at http://eca.cx/kv