Re: [ecasound] using copp-set with controllers

From: Adam Linson <adam.linson@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Sep 01 2005 - 10:17:58 EEST

Hi,

On 9/1/05, Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> cc'ing back to the list so others can test this, too.

thanks, I didn't mean to leave out the list!

> I now committed some code to CVS that allows setting an initial controller
> value for all sources. Sources like MIDI-CC (-km) can use the initial
> value until first valid MIDI-CC bytes are received to the correct
> ctrl+channel combination. The initial value is read from the target
> operator, which is probably the most intuitive way for the user.
>
> In other words:
> ecasound -i foo.wav -o alsa -efl:1500 -km:1,400,4200,1,1 -Md:alsaseq,80:1 -c
>
> The lowpass-freq will be 1500 until we start receiving MIDI-CC messages to
> ctrl 1 on channel 1.
>
> Let me know if this works for you.

excellent, this was actually my preference from my post back in Feb.
("to use the initial copp value as the "default" initial value (the
-km start- and end-values would continue to function as upper and
lower bounds)"). i agree that it is more intuitive that way, as It was
the behavior I had originally expected (the request came from
discovering my assumption was incorrect).

thanks for coding it! I will test today and give you feedback asap.

adam