Re: [ecasound] ewf file don't work?

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Aug 21 2005 - 11:21:24 EEST

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005, Benoit DELAGARDE wrote:

> I want to insert a short sound (a BIP) in a wav file.
> After reading documentation, the only way i fonund to do that is to use
> the ewf format. If there is another way, can any one explain me?

Yes, ewf is the correct mechanism to use for this.

> My file mark2.ewf
> -------mark2.ewf--------
> source = mark.wav
> offset = 20
> start-position = 0.0
[...]
> "ecasound -i mark2.ewf -o /dev/dsp" just quit after 20s

Hmm, this could actually be a bug in sound output (last samples are not
played, or something similar). Could you try:

ecasound -a:1 -i null -a:2 -i mark2.ewf -a:all -o foobar.wav -t:30

This will create a 30sec audio file "foobar.wav". Now play foobar.wav and
check whether you can hear mark.wav at 20sec.

--
  links, my public keys, etc at http://eca.cx/kv