[ecasound] Multi-channel asound config for Delta 1010LT

From: Seth McTigh <kleptein@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jul 29 2005 - 19:53:14 EEST

I am trying to setup a Delta 1010LT to capture from each of the channels
separately, 10 inputs total. I actually don't need the SPDIF inputs, so I'd
like to be able to get at least 8 of them. I've read through just about all
the posts I could find on all the lists, but I'm still not understanding the
procedure clearly enough to make it happen. I've found a lot about
splitting the outputs, but nothing about inputs.

I'd like to create 8 different ALSA virtual sound devices, like channel1,
channel2, etc. What I'm not clear about is the format of the asoundrc file
to separate the channels to allow me to capture them individually. Is it
done with bindings statements, ttable translations, some other way?

Does anyone have a conf file that breaks each of the inputs out separately
that they could either post or forward? Any help would be greatly
appreciated! Thanks all.