[ecasound] longlived pyeca.ECA_CONTROL_INTERFACE(0) looses sync

From: Eric Dantan Rzewnicki <eric@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jul 03 2005 - 18:47:38 EEST

In a python eci script I tried starting one
pyeca.ECA_CONTROL_INTERFACE(0) and reusing it for many chainsettups. If
I reuse the same ecasound instance in this way for long enough
eventually cmd_cnt and last_cnt get out of sync:

(ecasoundc_sa) Error='read() error', cmd='ctrl-add
-klg:1,0,98,3,0,0,0.168,0.044,0.575354166667,0' last_error=''
cmd_cnt=1978 last_cnt=1977.

* Message from libecasoundc:
*
* Connection to the processing engine was lost. Check that ecasound
* is correctly installed. Also make sure that ecasound is either
* in some directory listed in PATH, or the environment variable
* 'ECASOUND' contains the path to a working ecasound executable.

(ecasoundc_sa) Error='sync error', cmd='cop-add -ev' last_error=''
cmd_cnt=1979 last_cnt=1977.

After the cmd_cnt continues to grow further out of sync for a while
ecasound eventually fails.

If I instead put the eci instantiation inside a loop that causes
a new ecasound/eci to be spawned for each pass instead of reusing the
same one over and over again it seems to prevent the problem. Maybe
there is some bug that only shows for high values of cmd_cnt?

I have a workaround, but wondered if this could be a bug worth pursuing
further.

-Eric Rz.