[ecasound] redirect sound to headfones

From: Pedro Antonio Fructuoso Merino <pfructuoso@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jun 30 2005 - 18:40:54 EEST

Hi all:
    I`m making a little dj mixer with two ecasound`s instances (eca1 and
eca2). I have a device with 5.1 support with a speaker connected to
front channels and headfones to back channels. I want to send the eca1
sound signal to speaker and eca2 signal to headfones and later to the
speaker too. With alsa I know how can do it for only one instance but
alsa blocks the device for the second instance. I tried with jack and
arts. If i use jack, I can start eca1 but when eca2 starts the music
stops for 1 or 2 seconds. If I use arts, ecasound send all signals to
PCM and i don`t know if i can send signal to diferents channels.
Somebody know how can i slove it? Need another sound device? I can`t use
only one ecasound`s instance. Thank:
    Pedro