Re: [ecasound] ULAW RAW Output

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun May 29 2005 - 22:24:42 EEST

Hi,

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005, Dan Weber wrote:

> I wrote a ulaw encoder, and I'd be more than happy to donate it to ecasound.
> Are you interested?

I just realized that libsndfile already provides the basic codecs (ulaw,
alaw, adpcm). As ecasound already supports libsndfile, all that is missing
is glue code to make this libsndfile functionality available in ecasound.
So something like:

ecasound -i alsa -o sndfile,foo.raw,ulaw

... or something similar. As the code is already there and tested, this is
probably the best way forward.