[ecasound] automatically stop recording

From: Ruben Jenster <rjenster@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat May 21 2005 - 01:28:34 EEST

Hi,

I want to know if it is possible with ecasound to automatically let the
recording stop if the input falls below a level (nearly silence).
I searched the mailinglist and took a look at the manpage but I didn't found
a feature like that.

I want to digitalize much vinyl records and don't want to have to stop the
recording manually each time. But if the recording continues this will result
into very big and long *.wav files.
 The period after that the recordings stops should be quite long, because I
don't want the recording to be stopped in the middle of the record.

Can someone help me with this problem?

Regards

Ruben Jenster