[ecasound] using .ewf input causes copious output

From: Eric Dantan Rzewnicki <eric@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Apr 28 2005 - 02:29:20 EEST

Hi Kai,

There is now copious output from ecasound when using .ewf files. The
follwing lines are repeated continuously with Global position and
child-pos updated with each iteration:
Global position (in samples): 147456
child-pos: 147456
child-offset: 0
child-startpos: 0
child-length: 1132297
child-active: 1

This output causes a problem for my pyeca eci scripts. The eci parser
buffer overflows. I've put a simple test case, .ewf and .wav file here:
http://zhevny.com/debug/
running debug2.py causes the following error messages:

(ecasoundc_sa) Error='read() error', cmd='engine-status' last_error=''
cmd_cnt=8 last_cnt=7.

* Message from libecasoundc:
*
* Connection to the processing engine was lost. Check that ecasound
* is correctly installed. Also make sure that ecasound is either
* in some directory listed in PATH, or the environment variable
* 'ECASOUND' contains the path to a working ecasound executable.

(ecasoundc_sa) Error='sync error', cmd='stop' last_error='' cmd_cnt=9
last_cnt=7.

This does not happen if I use the .wav file dirrectly.

Let me know if there is anything further I can do to help debug this, or
if I'm just doing (or not doing) something stupid.

Thanks,
Eric Rz.

Current settup:
debian testing (sarge)

2.6.11.7-audiobox-0
   includes alsa-drivers 1.0.8
realtime-0.8.5 lsm (insmod'ed in /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh)
   insmod /usr/src/realtime/realtime.ko gid=29
alsa-1.0.8 (lib, envy24control, utils)
libsndfile-1.0.12pre6 from tar.gz
libsamplerate-0.1.2 from tar.gz
jack-0.99.61 cvs 2005-0427-0755
   ./configure --enable-capabilities --enable-optimize
--with-default-tmpdir=/dev/shm --disable-portaudio --disable-coreaudio
--disable-oss
ecasound-2.4.2-cvs-20050425
   ./configure --enable-pyecasound=c --disable-oss --disable-arts
--with-largefile
ardour-0.9beta29

asus a7v8x-x
ATHLON xp 2800+ (2071.203 MHz)
1GB PC2700 RAM
2GB swap /dev/hda1
12GB /dev/hda2 / (actually a 40G disk) ext2
160GB /dev/hdc1 /mnt/audio/ ext2
200GB /dev/hdd1 /mnt/audio/inprogress/studio_space/ ext2
ati rage 128 pro ultra tf
(onboard via8235 -- disabled)
ice1712 m-audio delta-66 w/omni i/o
ymfpci guillemot maxisound fortissimo -- used for midi only
novation remote 25 connected to ymfpci