[ecasound] Quad mixer with jack

From: Andres Cabrera <andres@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Apr 04 2005 - 18:32:11 EEST

Hi all,
I've been digging into ecasound, because it's the efficient tool I need
for a purpose. I'm trying to set up a simple (front-back) quad mixer, so
that stereo signals can be sent to 4 channels.
(BTW I tried searching the list archives, but the sourceforge mailing
list page for ecasound says no lists for ecasound...)
I have tried this:
$ ecasound -s:gemini.eca

and gemini.eca contains:
-a 1 -i jack_auto,Absynth-1 -ea 50 -o loop,1
-a 2 -i jack_auto,Absynth-1 -ea 10 -o loop,2
-a 3 -i jack_auto,Absynth-2 -ea 50 -o loop,1
-a 4 -i jack_auto,Absynth-2 -ea 50 -o loop,2
-a 5 -i jack_auto,pm4 -ea 10 -o loop,1
-a 6 -i jack_auto,pm4 -ea 50 -o loop,2
-a 7 -i jack_auto,OrangeVocoder -ea 50 -o loop,1
-a 8 -i jack_auto,OrangeVocoder -ea 10 -o loop,2

-a 10 -i loop,1 -o jack_generic,Front
-a 11 -i loop,2 -o jack_generic,Back

However, I get:
* ecasound v2.3.5 (C) 1997-2004 Kai
Vehmanen
- [ Session created ]
- [ Chainsetup created (file) ]
(eca-session) Chainsetup loaded from 'gemini.eca' is not valid!

---
ecasound: ERROR: [ECA-SESSION] : "Errors parsing session-level options.
Unable to create session."
If I discard chains 3-8, things work, but in the examples I've seen very
similar things that do work. It's probably something really silly...=)
Can anyone spot it?
Thanks,
Andres