Re: [ecasound] Jack transport problem

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 07 2005 - 10:01:11 EET

Hello,

On Sun, 6 Mar 2005, olivier guilyardi wrote:

> Ecasound behaves weirdly in regard to jack transport. When I pause jack playback
> ecasound exits, making it pretty unusable as a sample source. What I need is
> just ecasound to launch and obey jack transport's play/stop/locate commands,
> staying up until I explicitly tell it to shutdown (Ctrl-C).

the transport functionality has been tested in interactive mode (-c) so
I recommend using that. In non-interactive mode, ecasound runs until the
job is considered to be finished (this feature is important for use of
ecasound in scripts). Of course with JACK, it is not that easy to decide
when to exit. I'll have to take a look at this issue again...

> $ ecasound -i basse.ewf -o jack -G:jack,ecasound,recv

So IOW:
$ ecasound -c -i basse.ewf -o jack -G:jack,ecasound,recv

> Btw, thanks for this great software. Ecasound's been pretty useful to my musical
> productions for the last couple of years.

That's always nice to hear! :)