Re: [ecasound] OSS vs ALSA for Andrew Morton's low-latency patches

From: Aaron Heller <heller@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Feb 13 2005 - 18:40:05 EET

Craig... I've been using ecasound and ALSA from the CCRMA distribution
which includes low-latency kernels w/ALSA.
(http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/). I've used it with the
Delta 1010 and Delta 66 and get flawless performance -- no dropped samples,
no other funny business (and I think I'm pretty finicky about this stuff).
The machine is a 900MHz Via mini-ITX. I haven't made the leap to the 2.6
kernels because the CCRMA 2.4.26 kernel, which includes an assortment of
low-latency patches, is working well for me. I've also written some of my
own LADSPA plugins.

The executive summary is: go for it. The CCRMA distro makes it pretty easy.

Aaron Heller <heller@email-addr-hidden>
Menlo Park, CA

--On Sunday, February 13, 2005 0:20 -0800 Cassettes2CDs