Urgent: Need help regarding ecasound-mixing: Re: [ecasound] MIDI controllers...

From: Hemant Joshi <hemant_joshius@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 01 2005 - 01:24:37 EET

Hi,
   This isn't related to the subject matter discussed in this mail.
However I was looking for someone who knows about the ecasound package.
I desperately need to make it work for one of my projects.
What I am looking for is to have my recording and want to add a
background that is coming from a small file that can go in a loop.

I just want to take that and mix the loop file in the background
so that it repeats for the entire duration of my recording.

Here is my short description of the problem. I will highly appreciate
if you can suggest me command line for ecasound to make it work.

Assuming I have a small 20s long audio file(f_small.wav) and a 10 minutes long audio file
(f_long.wav).
I want to mix them in such a way that the f_small.wav repeats (loops) in the background for the
entire duration of f_long.wav (10 min).

How to make it work.

I used
../ecasound -a:1 -i f_long.wav -a:2 -i f_small.wav -tl -a:all -o mixed_new.wav

It just waits and never finishes:

* ecasound v2.3.5 (C) 1997-2004 Kai Vehmanen
- [ Session created ] ------------------------------------------------------
- [ Chainsetup created (cmdline) ] -----------------------------------------
(eca-chainsetup-parser) Note! Interpreting option background.wav as -i:background.wav.
(eca-chainsetup-parser) Looping enabled. Length of input objects will be used to set the loop
point.
- [ Connecting chainsetup ] ------------------------------------------------
(eca-chainsetup) 'nonrt' buffering mode selected.
(eca-chainsetup) Audio object "med.wav", mode "read".
(audio-io) Format: s16_le, channels 1, srate 8000, interleaved.
(eca-chainsetup) Audio object "background.wav", mode "read".
(audio-io) Format: u8, channels 1, srate 22050, interleaved.
(eca-chainsetup) Audio object "mixed_new.wav", mode "read/write".
(audio-io) Format: s16_le, channels 2, srate 8000, interleaved.
(eca-chainsetup-parser) Setting loop point to 602.25.
(eca-controller) Connected chainsetup: "command-line-setup".
- [ Controller/Starting batch processing ] ---------------------------------
<<<<<<<<Hangs here, forever>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

What am I doing wrong.

Thanks
Hemant