changes to Ecasound mailing lists

From: Kai Vehmanen (kvehmanen_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Sun Dec 12 2004 - 14:50:37 EET

Hello all,

some changes:

1. ecasound-announce and ecasound-cvs closed down

I will disable the eca-cvs and ecasound-announce lists today. This is
the last post to these lists.

2. ecasound-list post address changed

The new official address for ecasound-list is 'ecasound-list_AT_eca.cx'.
I will keep the old address 'ecasound-list_AT_wakkanet.fi' for now. The
list is still hosted at the same machine.

3. move to sf.net

At some point next year I will have to move ecasound-list to a new server.
Although the list service provided by sourceforge.net is far from perfect
(ALSA and JACK lists are at sf.net), it still seems to be the best option:
the service is free, sf.net provides usable web interfaces for both users
and admins and they are somewhat future-proof.

When relocating the list, I will also change the list policy so that mail
can be sent only from addresses subscribed to the list. This should help
to fight against spam.

I will possibly maintain the ecasound-list_AT_eca.cx posting address. Let's
see how the sf.net mailman handles messages relayd via eca.cx.

4. alternatives to ecasound-announce and ecasound-cvs

To replace ecasound-announce, you can either subscribe to
linux-audio-announce [1], or to Ecasound releases at freshmeat.net [2].
And of course, I will continue to send all announcements to ecasound-list.
As for CVS changes, I'll send a mail to ecasound-list whenever I
make major commits to CVS.

[1] http://www.linuxdj.com/audio/lad/subscribelaa.php
[2] http://freshmeat.net/projects/ecasound/