Re: [ecasound] Strange ecasound behavior

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Strange ecasound behavior
From: Dubphil (dubphil_AT_free.fr)
Date: Sat Dec 04 2004 - 01:49:24 EET

> How about if you connect a dummy-client to the ecasound inputs, instead of
> capture ports - for example:
>
> ecasound -i null -o jack -G:jack,dummyeca

when the setup is complete (review my last post) and when I have the
capture ports connected to ecasound every thing goes fine.
When I disconnect the capture ports, the Xruns start and my dummyeca escape
but if I reconnect Specimen (for exemple it's what I did) the Xruns stop.

other case :

setup complete, I connect dummyeca before diconnecting the capture ports,
then when I disconnect the capture ports dummyeca escape and the Xruns
start.

It would has been great if I could have replaced the capture ports by a
Dummy output. Nevertheless I will be able to connect a synth or something
that I will not use in order do keep ecasound happy :)

Thanks

Philippe