Re: [ecasound] Strange ecasound behavior

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Strange ecasound behavior
From: Dubphil (dubphil_AT_free.fr)
Date: Fri Dec 03 2004 - 19:12:49 EET

> Are you sure it's ecasound that's misbehaving?

quite sure :)

> One way to check would be to use qjackctl to connect
> terminatorX directly to 4 channels of ardour, not running
> ecasound at all.

I've tried this of course and the problem doesn't occur.

> Also try your original setup with a different source than
> terminatorX... any jack client that you know works ok with ardour.

but remember that if I both connect the capture and TerminatorX to the
ecasound input it works like a charm even if terminatorX is not playing
but with terminatoreX alone, when it stops to play the xruns appear.
this fact is not in favor to ecasound :)

nevertheless I will try with qsynth and tell the result...

Thanks

Philippe