Strange ecasound behavior

Subject: Strange ecasound behavior
From: Dubphil (dubphil_AT_free.fr)
Date: Fri Dec 03 2004 - 14:08:46 EET

Hello,

I have to report a strange behaviour of ecasound :

I run ecasound like this :

ecasound -a:1,2,3,4 -i jack /
-a:1 -efl:300 -o jack /
-a:2 -efb:500,400 -o jack /
-a:3 -efb:1000,600 -o jack /
-a:4 -efh:1300 -o jack

thanks to qjackctl, I route TerminatorX to the ecasound input,
and I route the 4 ecasound outputs to ardour.

Everything goes well as long as, i suspect, an audio
signal is received by ecasound. When the sample stop in TerminatorX,
jack is struggling with xruns and if I don't play another sample in
a short time, ardour disconnect from Jack and everything crash !
This behaviour hapens both with the DeMuDi and AudioSlack distros.

The lonely trick I've found is to permanently connect my capture
channel output to the ecasound input :-( but I need this channel in
order to connect my TB303 and I don't want it to be processed by
ecasound.

Am'I missing something ? Is this something logical from ecasound ?
Or it should worth a bug report ?

Regards

Philippe