cs-edit fails; request for testing help

Subject: cs-edit fails; request for testing help
From: Kai Vehmanen (kai.vehmanen_AT_wakkanet.fi)
Date: Tue Oct 26 2004 - 21:06:41 EEST

Hello,

I just noticed that 'cs-edit' does not work on one of my machines (Redhat
9 based with PlanetCCRMA). The problem was solved by setting
LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5. I'm running vanilla 2.6.7 as the kernel, so this
might be the real cause for the problem.

I'd be interested in hearing about how common problem this is? Could you
try the following and report to me (and include versions of distro and
kernel to the report):

bash> ecasound -c
ecasound> cs-edit
[ quit editor, ecasound exits to shell on my machine ]

... and then the workaround:

bash> LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5 ecasound -c
ecasound> cs-edit
[ quit editor, should return to ecasound shell ]
ecasound>