segfault with ladspa

Subject: segfault with ladspa
From: Eric Dantan Rzewnicki (eric_AT_zhevny.com)
Date: Wed Sep 01 2004 - 05:02:58 EEST

ecasound -i:null -o:alsahw,0,0 -el:sine_fcac -km:1,30,3000,9,1
-km:2,1,50,17,1

The above commandline works, but when I kill it with ctrl-c it ends with
a segfault. Same happens if I use -c. Is this a known issue?

Also, if I change to -i:rtnull I get the following error:
(eca-control) ERROR: Connecting chainsetup failed: "Enabling
chainsetup: AUDIOIO-ALSA: Audio format not supported."

Should I be able to use rtnull with ladspa oscillators?

I haven't worked with ladspa plugins before, so I may just be doing
something dumb.

Thanks in advance for any help. System configuration listed below.

-Eric Rz.

asus a7v8x-x
athlon XP 2800+ (2071.203 MHz)
1GB PC2700 RAM
12GB /dev/hda2 / (actually a 40G disk) ext2
160GB /dev/hdc1 /mnt/audio/ ext2
2GB swap /dev/hda1
(onboard via8235 -- disabled)
ice1712 M-Audio Delta-66 w/omni i/o
ymfpci guillemot maxisound fortissimo -- used for midi only

debian testing (sarge)
2.6.8.1 (pre-empt on -- kernel.org sources compiled via make-kpkg)
     drives tuned in kernel config
alsa-1.0.6 (drivers, lib, envy24control, utils)
     drivers (1.0.6.a)
     ./configure --with-isapnp=no --with-sequencer=yes --with-oss=no
--with-cards=dummy,virmidi,ice1712,ymfpci,via82xx
libsndfile-1.0.10 from tar.gz
libsamplerate-0.1.1 from tar.gz
ecasound-2.3.4-pre20040819
     ./configure --enable-pyecasound=c --disable-oss --disable-arts
     --with-largefile