problem with chain operators connected to multiple chains

Subject: problem with chain operators connected to multiple chains
From: Stuart Allie (Stuart.Allie_AT_hydro.com.au)
Date: Wed Aug 18 2004 - 04:29:36 EEST

Hi,

Note sure if this is desired behaviour or not... starting with the
following chain setup:

  -a:1 -i:1.wav -a:2 -i:2.wav -a:1,2 -o:12.wav

Now, if I add a chain operator to *both* chains, eg via

  -a:1,2 -ea:150

Then, in interactive mode, if I do
  c-select 1
  cop-list

I get:
  Amplify

But if I then do

  c-select 2
  cop-list

I get nothing, despite having applied the Amplify chain operator to
*both* chains.

This causes problem when trying to write a front end, eg. like visecas
or emi, because they get incorrect information from ecasound.

I notice that, in interactive mode, if I do
  c-select 1,2
  cop-add -ea:150
I get an error: DBC_REQUIRE failed - "selected_chains().size()==1",
eca-control-objects.cpp, 1691.
So it seems that there is a mismatch between what is allowed on the
command line and what is allowed in interactive mode.

Is this a "bug" or am I just not understanding what the desired
behaviour is?

Cheers,
Stuart