Re: [ecasound] pyeca questions

Subject: Re: [ecasound] pyeca questions
From: Paul Winkler (pw_lists_AT_slinkp.com)
Date: Tue Aug 17 2004 - 01:50:05 EEST

Finally returning to this script after over a month away from it...
The lessons for me are:

1) Pay attention to the reported errors. If using one of the ECI
implementations, be sure to log the errors. I wasn't.

2) Order matters. In this case, you must do any needed position-
and length-setting commands BEFORE calling cs-connect.
Ecasound reports this error but I wasn't seeing it.

3) cs-set-position-samples et al. will set the position in both
the input and output, as documented. So many of my output
files had an enormous amount of leading silence :-\
What I wanted was ai-set-position-samples.

Still not where I want to be, as I seem to get output files
of unpredictable length (usually much less than I want but sometimes
more)... surely it's more operator error, will report back later...

On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 06:57:24PM -0400, Paul Winkler wrote:
> I've found that my pyeca script is hanging,
> and I can provoke an error by feeding the same commands
> to ecasound -c.
(snip)

--

Paul Winkler http://www.slinkp.com