eca problem (perhaps a bug)

Subject: eca problem (perhaps a bug)
From: Julien Claassen (julien_AT_c-lab.de)
Date: Mon May 03 2004 - 09:49:21 EEST

Hi all!
  The eca-effect seems to have a problem. When I use it in realtime, listening
to it, everything seems ok. But when I do just something like:
  ecasound -i n1.wav -o o1.wav -eca:0,0,0,0 (which should give standard
parameters), I find, that the beginning of the file o1.wav gets louder over
one or two seconds. Then it finds its level.
  I discussed this with Fons while talking about compressors in general, and
he suggested, that the compressor might be in a wrong state, when it starts in
nonrt.
  Any idea, suggestions or workarounds?
  Kindest regards
       Julien