Re: [ecasound] Visecas' issues related to Ecasound

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Visecas' issues related to Ecasound
From: Jan Weil (jawebada_AT_mailbox.tu-berlin.de)
Date: Mon May 03 2004 - 00:47:32 EEST

On Sun, 2004-05-02 at 20:27, Kai Vehmanen wrote:
> On Sat, 31 Jan 2004, Jan Weil wrote:
>
> > I'm using the opportunity since you are actively posting...
>
> Oops, four months late with this reply... :(

No problem, nice to hear from you again. :)

> > 1.) 'cs-save' does not save chainoperator parameters if the operator is
> > a preset.
>
> This is now fixed in CVS. Will be in 2.3.3.

Cool, thanks!

> [commands in plugin names break cop-list]
> > 2.) While you take care of ','s in 'map-ladspa-(id-)list' (i. e.
> [...]
> > Try those from allpass_1895.so of swh plugins as an example.
> > Fix: s/,/_/ when assigning name_rep.
>
> This is still open, and will be until 2.3.4. :(
>
> > 3.) Similarly loop devices break a(i/o)-list since their names always
> > (!) contain a ','. I have no idea how to solve this while keeping
>
> Same for this issue.

Again no problem. Visecas currently is anything but in development. I
have to admit I'm even no longer convinced of my original goal to stick
to Ecasound's semantics. I'm afraid those who dig into Ecasound and
understand the kind of objects it deals with are totally happy with the
original interactive command line mode. So who is it I'm trying to
address? Anybody out there? :)

Regards,

Jan