Re: [ecasound] .cdr-file trouble - is it a bug or a feature? :-)

Subject: Re: [ecasound] .cdr-file trouble - is it a bug or a feature? :-)
From: Kai Vehmanen (kai.vehmanen_AT_wakkanet.fi)
Date: Thu Apr 08 2004 - 02:35:18 EEST

On Thu, 8 Apr 2004, Julien Claassen wrote:

> I had some problems with .cer-files. As I understand it .cdr files just
> contain raw audio-data in cd-quality (-f:S16_LE,2,44100). But I tried to play

Actually not. Cdr-files, as Ecasound understands them, have the following
properties:

 - 16bit samples, 44100kHz, stereo
 - sample frame layout: (MSB-left, LSB-left, MSB-right, LSB-right)
 - files are padded sector size (2352 bytes)

... so it's close to -f:s16_be,2,44100, mutta in addition the files are
always padded to sector size.

---