Real-time input/output

Subject: Real-time input/output
From: Jim Smith (jmsmith_AT_interconchemical.com)
Date: Mon Apr 05 2004 - 16:01:24 EEST

I'm a fairly new user of ecasound. I have browsed through the
archives, and have not seen this addressed. I've installed ecasound
on my FreeBSD 4.9 machine [no Jack support], and I besides all the
fun I'm having recording all my old Vinyl records to CD, I would like

to experiment using it for real-time audio manipulation. Essentially

I would like to use it as a glorified Audio Filter for ham radio.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get ecasound to use the

input of the soundcard as its input, and the output of the sound card

as its output. I've tried various combinations of /dev/dspX [where X

is a number] to no avail.

I realize this might be easier if I used ecamegapedal, but I like the

command line interface much better than a gui.

Any suggestions? I have increased the virtual channels on the pcm
device to 4, but that doesn't seem to help [hw.snd.pcm0.vchans=4].

--
Jim Smith