Re: [ecasound] Compiling under cygwin

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Compiling under cygwin
From: Kai Vehmanen (kai.vehmanen_AT_wakkanet.fi)
Date: Tue Mar 02 2004 - 21:11:25 EET

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004, Ryan*PC Gibson wrote:

> I am having problems compiling ecasound under cygwin. I have
> updated my cygwin/win2k installation with the latest version of
> everything (gcc 3.3.1). I have tried compiling ecasound-2.2.1,
[...]
> ecasound.cpp: In function `void* ecasound_watchdog_thread(void*)':
> ecasound.cpp:489: error: `sigwait' undeclared (first use this function)
> ecasound.cpp:489: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only

Cygwin doesn't provide sigwait() and Ecasound's configure should
detect this. I just testing compiling 2.3.2 and had no problems.
You could try the following work-around:

- run ./configure
- edit config.h by commenting out HAVE_SIGWAIT:
  /* #undef HAVE_SIGWAIT */
- re-run make

.. but, but, something still goes wrong in configure. Could
you send me (privately) the config.log file that is created
when you run configure?