Re: [ecasound] fade-in and fade-out

Subject: Re: [ecasound] fade-in and fade-out
From: Eric Dantan Rzewnicki (eric_AT_zhevny.com)
Date: Sun Feb 08 2004 - 18:06:40 EET

> Paul Marquardt wrote:
>
> Hi,
> Does anyone have any ideas on how to do a fade-in and fade-out in
> a single chain? I've read the examples which show how to apply a
> fade-in or fade-out to a sound but I couldn't figure out a way to
> apply them both. I'm fairly new at ecasound. Thanks for any help.
>
> Paul Marquardt

ecasound -i foo.wav -o bar.wav -ea:0 -kl:1,0,100,10 -ea:0
-kl2:1,100,0,290,10

I've found you have to give separate -ea: effects for the fade in and
fade out. This fades in the first 10s and fades out the last 10s of a
300s (5m) foo.wav file and writes it to bar.wav. There are also generic
oscillators which allow you to define an arbitrary number of posN,
valueN pairs. But, I haven't quite figured those out. The above works
for me.

-ERic Rz.