Re: [ecasound] -km, which device to use

Subject: Re: [ecasound] -km, which device to use
From: Jan Weil (jawebada_AT_mailbox.tu-berlin.de)
Date: Tue Feb 03 2004 - 00:04:29 EET

On Mon, 2004-02-02 at 17:16, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hi all!
> I've still got my old problem. I wanna use the -km controller, but I don't
> know, which midi-device to use. What should I enter in my ecasoundrc or type
> at the commandline. Here's my setup.
> I've got two soundcards. 0 is a bad one and 1 is the good one. When I type
> pmidi -l I roughly get this:
> 64 (bad soundcard external midi)
> 65 (bad soundcard mpu)
> 72 (good soundcard midi)
> Now I want to use this port 72, of the nice card. What do I have to use with
> ecasound? Is there a way to use these portnumber with ecasound?

Hi Julien,

try to find your midi port in /proc/asound/devices.
Then use the appropriate device in /dev/snd/midiC*.

As an example: There is a line
  8: [0- 0]: raw midi
for me in /proc/asound/devices which corresponds to
/dev/snd/midiC0D0
(i. e. Card 0, Device 0).
If you use OSS emulation there should also be corresponding /dev/midi*
entries.

HTH,

Jan