midi adjustment

Subject: midi adjustment
From: Julian Claassen (jclaassen_AT_gmx.de)
Date: Sat Jan 31 2004 - 01:07:24 EET

Hi all!
  I wanted to use my synthesizer to control an effects parameter via
the -km option. But it doesn't work. Ecasound runs peacefully, but
won't change anything.
  Does ecasound start numbering from 0? Or are the controller-numbers
I find in my manual for the synth usable?
  I'm using my second soundcard for that purpose. The according
port-number for the midi-device is 72 (in alsa-terms). On that
soundcard it should be the first midi-device to find. I tried
something like ramidi,midi1... I just exchanged '0' from the original
ecasoundrc with '1'. But it doesn't produce any better results. Are
recommendation, what I should try? Is there any recipe
for success? :-)
  Kindest regards and thanks for any help!
        Julien

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net - the Linux TextBased Studio guide

--
+++ Mailpower für Multimedia-Begeisterte: http://www.gmx.net/topmail +++
250 MB Mailbox, 1 GB Online-Festplatte, 100 FreeSMS. Jetzt kostenlos testen!