overruns in a multitrack project

Subject: overruns in a multitrack project
From: Luis Pablo Gasparotto (luispa8_AT_yahoo.com.ar)
Date: Thu Jan 29 2004 - 02:18:25 EET

Hi,

I'm trying to mix a chain with 20 tracks with 2 effects each one. I'm
using a 2.4.22 kernel with Low Latency patch. I've select -B:rt and -r
and I've increased the buffer size up to 4096 and still have over runs.
I'm using Ecasound 2.2.3

Is this supossed to work without overruns?

Maybe I'm asking to much of my old Athlon 900 (384mb RAM and 40gb EIDE
Western Digital HD)

I hope somebody wants to share a similar experience.

Regards,

Luis Pablo Gasparotto