Re: [ecasound] Launch ecasound with PHP

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Launch ecasound with PHP
From: Jan Weil (jawebada_AT_mailbox.tu-berlin.de)
Date: Sun Jan 25 2004 - 21:23:39 EET

On Sun, 2004-01-25 at 20:11, didier.b wrote:
> So I read again the file INSTALL and I found a strange line :
>
> 4. Make sure that you have `/usr/local/lib´ in your
>
> `/etc/ld.so.conf' and run `/sbin/ldconfig´.
>

> I don't have this file … ld.so.conf…
>
> What should have in the this file ?

man ld.so
man ldconfig

ld.so.conf contains a list of directories (one entry per line).
ldconfig uses this list to generate the cache for ld.so.
Just put a line '/usr/local/lib' in this file and run /sbin/ldconfig as
root (as mentioned in your INSTALL file).

Alternatively you could export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib.

Jan