error messages from ecatools

Subject: error messages from ecatools
From: The Eye (michael.hellwig_AT_uibk.ac.at)
Date: Tue Dec 30 2003 - 00:52:04 EET

While processing the 7 hour recording mentioned in my former mail, I
came across the following:

using both ecasound and bcast2000 I had cut the recording into the
pieces I wanted (pieces of about 450 Megs each), which were in a
directory called "wavs". In there are 21 wav files, named 01.wav up
untill 21.wav. So, since these were recordings from the radio, I entered
ecanormalize *.wav and waited .. Now while ecasound was peacefully
chugging along, my system got heavily loaded (as far as I can tell some
bad website in MozillaFirebird with flash or whatever). And while
running, I suddenly startet seeing the following kind of error:

(ecasoundc_sa) Error='read() error', cmd='cs-add default' last_error=''
cmd_cnt=49 last_cnt=48.

* Message from libecasoundc:
*
* Connection to the processing engine was lost. Check that ecasound
* is correctly installed. Also make sure that ecasound is either
* in some directory listed in PATH, or the environment variable
* 'ECASOUND' contains the path to a working ecasound executable.

(ecasoundc_sa) Error='sync error', cmd='c-add default' last_error=''
cmd_cnt=50 last_cnt=48.

(ecasoundc_sa) Error='read() error', cmd='c-add default' last_error=''
cmd_cnt=50 last_cnt=48.

* Message from libecasoundc:
*
* Connection to the processing engine was lost. Check that ecasound
* is correctly installed. Also make sure that ecasound is either
* in some directory listed in PATH, or the environment variable
* 'ECASOUND' contains the path to a working ecasound executable.

Analyzing file "21.wav".

(ecasoundc_sa) Error='sync error', cmd='ai-add 21.wav' last_error=''
cmd_cnt=51 last_cnt=48.
Using audio format -f:s16_le,2,44100
Opening temp file
"/home/eye/tmpdir/ecatools-eye/normalize-tmp-9547--1073746056.wav".
Starting processing...
Processing finished.
Normalizing file "21.wav" (amp-%: 150.2).
Using audio format -f:s16_le,2,44100
Starting processing...
Processing finished.
Removing temp file
"/home/eye/tmpdir/ecatools-eye/normalize-tmp-9547--1073746056.wav".

i.e. as far as I can see, between these errors, everything went fine ..
was this just a case of a frontend starting the backend ecasound
process and, because of the heavy load, running into a timeout, or
should I be worried?

just checking ..

--
Michael Hellwig  aka  The Eye                 olymp.idle.at admin
check out http://homepage.uibk.ac.at/~csaa5128 for gpg public key