Another Tk based front end for Ecasound

Subject: Another Tk based front end for Ecasound
From: Joel Roth (jroth_AT_mauigateway.com)
Date: Mon Dec 22 2003 - 03:24:35 EET

Hi, list folks

Just to let you know I've added a Tk GUI and made
many other improvements to Ecmd, a perl program I wrote
to generate Ecasound chain setup files for multitrack recording
sessions.

I'm releasing it as version 0.40, which you can find
on my website at http://tiki.net/~jroth/ecmd-0.40.tar.gz.

Here's part of the README:

Ecmd provides a bare-bones Tk user interface to Kai Vehmanen's
Ecasound that manages switching between various multichannel
setups and selects versions of recorded tracks while maintaining
access to Ecasound interactive commands and chain-setup options.

I made it simple because I want Ecasound to work as expected when I
push the start button. There is a table listing tracks
to be monitored or recorded, a few buttons, a red
recording lamp. Setups are controlled by a user-prepared
text file (a kind of schema for the session) with a format
much simpler than Ecasound .ecs files while allowing inclusion
of many .ecs options.

Ecmd does not yet have sliders or marks.
For now you can make realtime adjustments by entering Ecasound
commands in the text window provided, or by setting levels
in an Alsa mixer. Mixer settings and track selections for
each session are retained so you can pick up where
you left off.

--
Joel Roth