ecasound.el under xemacs 21.4.6?

Subject: ecasound.el under xemacs 21.4.6?
From: Jack O'Quin (joq_AT_io.com)
Date: Fri Dec 19 2003 - 04:19:42 EET

Trying to run ecasound.el under xemacs 21.4.6, crashes immediately
calling a non-existent function, `make-comint-in-buffer'. I have a
`make-comint', but that doesn't seem to work.

Is this an xemacs compatibility problem? I fired up emacs 21 and
found that it *does* have a `make-comint-in-buffer' function. I was
able to get that to run, at least a little.

I don't really have emacs properly configured right now and would
greatly prefer to use xemacs since I use that for everything else.

Has anyone had any luck porting ecasound.el to xemacs? Any pointers
or suggestions?

--
  joq