delay troubles / multivoice-chorus problem

Subject: delay troubles / multivoice-chorus problem
From: Julien Claassen (julien_AT_c-lab.de)
Date: Fri Nov 28 2003 - 16:37:19 EET

Hi all!
  I recently had some troubles with delays.
1. Problem: I tried:
  ecasound -i t1.wav -o alsa,default -etd:125,2,2,60,60 -etd:32,2,2,50,60
  I'm not sure if these were the actual parameters, but they were close to
that. The machine froze and that was it. I had to reboot by pressing the
computer's reset.

2. Problem: I gave the lcr-ladspa delay (-eli:1436..._ some special
parameters, where upon it crashed in the same way.
  What's up there?
  Another ladspa-plugin not working correctly for a long time is the
multivoice chorus (1216 or 1202 or something around those numbers). If I get a
chorus effect, I also get an audible delay. It may be around 120 msecs or a
bit longer or shorter. But it is clearly recognisable as an echo. It worked in
some older 1.9... versions. But since then, when ever I tried it, it fails to
produce the expected output. What's wrong there?
  Kindest regards and thanks for any help
         Julien

Julien Patrick Claassen
jclaassen_AT_gmx.de